Hi everyone! This post is a couple weeks late, but I had the chance to spend time with B, D, and Baby P individually this past week. It was such a fun experience and I wanted to talk a little about that.
I started out the day with D. We started our outing with a trip to the library. While there we got books, played with puzzles, and played with toys they had there. After the library D and I went to Paradise Valley Burger Company for lunch. D loves cheeseburgers and she devoured it in minutes! We had such a great experience while eating lunch. The guys at Paradise Valley Burger Company drew a smiley face on her burger in ketchup, which she loved! According to her “she felt happy after eating her burger.” It really was such a fun trip!
When we got home it was Baby P’s turn for some one-on-one time. She is a baby so it was not as big as D’s time. Baby P and I sat on the couch and read the new library books D and I got. She loved looking at all the colors, and loved looking at the unicorn book. However, by the time we got to the dog book she was totally over it, and ready for a nap!
B was the last one to have her time alone with me. She was not feeling well that day so we stayed in. B and I used our time to put together a Valentine’s Day craft. It took quite a bit of time to put the craft together, but it was a lot of fun!
Being able to spend time with each of the girls individually was such a great experience. It was a lot of fun for me and I hope for the girls too! What are some of your favorite kid friendly activities? Let me know in the comments below!
Hi everyone! Today I am going to do a nanny diary on things I never expected to say. Watching kids definitely makes you say some interesting things, and I am going to share those with you!
- “Stop licking me, you are a human baby not a puppy baby.”
- “We are not going to baby bird your sister.” (This was said to B when she tried to spit chewed up food in Baby P’s mouth.)
- “Goats do eat grass, but you aren’t one so don’t eat that.”
- “Well nothing you are a human not a goat.” (Same conversation as the previous one)
- “Please do not sing the hello darkness song while I am using the bathroom.” (This is in reference to The Sound of Silence from Trolls.)
- “You can’t eat playdough.”
- “You can’t eat the fake snow.”
- “Don’t eat this glitter.”
- “I will give you a quarter if you pet that dog right now. “ (This has been said more than once)
- “Be careful or you’ll end up like Bobby Bramble.” (Reference from D’s favorite book)
These are just a few things that I can remember. Even though I have had to say a lot of weird things I love all these moments with the girls. I would not trade the craziness for anything! What is the weirdest thing you’ve said to your kids? Let me know in the comments below!
Hey everyone! Today I am going to do a nanny diary. This past week of work was a great lesson in patience! It was “D” who taught this all to me. I usually am pretty good at dealing with typical toddler attitudes, but this past week has been a little tougher.
This past week was the dreaded shark week for me, and with that “D” had what I am convinced is her baby shark week. This left both of us at odds with who really is in charge. There were a whole lot of “no’s”, tears, temper tantrums, and negotiating. Through all of this I realized that instead of continually telling “D” no or do not do that I could say it once then focus on playing with Baby P. At first she would stand next to me screaming and jumping around in anger, but then she realized that if she stopped and would listen she would get the attention she wanted.
Even though the week started out tough and I wanted to pull my hair out “D” and I ended up having a great day today! What are some of the things you do when you need more patience? Let me know in the comments below!
Hi everyone! Classes started for me this past week, and with that I decided I would talk a little about my major. Monday was the first day of my classes that are completely centered on my major, which I am super excited about.
For those of you who do not know I am majoring in speech and hearing sciences. My plan is to get my masters in speech language pathology and my doctorate in audiology. I plan to specialize in a few things, but as of right now I am planning on working with children and veterans.
I originally decided to major in speech language pathology, because of my experiences in speech therapy. I was very blessed to have a great speech therapist, and was able to correct my lisp in a short amount of time. I want to be able to make a difference in someone else’s life the way my speech therapist did for me.
A few months into my major I decided I also wanted to be an audiologist. After becoming more familiar with cochlear implants and hearing loss I realized that this was my ultimate goal, and that I wanted to be an audiologist. I wanted to see the excitement people feel when being able to hear clearly again for the first time in their life.
I love my classes so far, and look forward to the rest of the semester. I also am looking forward to completing my major and starting to work in this field. What inspired you all to choose your majors? Let me know in the comments below!
Hello my name is Annmarie and I am terrible at time management! I am sure a few of you can relate to that statement. With classes starting again tomorrow I thought now would be a great time to talk about different techniques I am going to be using to better my time management skills and with that hopefully help you too!
The first thing that I have found that really helps me is using a planner! I put everything in my planner, from babysitting jobs to my school schedule and assignments. I have used many different planners, but this year I am using a Mead planner from Target. When writing out everything I assign a certain color to each topic. I even use different colors for each class. So one class may be purple and another will be brown. Being able to see the different things I need to do in different colors really helps and keeps my attention.
The next thing that helps with managing time is to set a time limit for each activity. I totally understand that this might not work for everything, but with most it should. I know that managing school, work and other activities can be difficult. However, on days that I have to work, go to school, and do other activities I can set this time out. An example of what I might do for Mondays is; Work 7:30-12:30, School 2-4:30, Chiropractor 5:30-6. With those three main things it does not leave a whole lot of time to do much else. So I could set an hour and a half for studying for each class. I also have gotten in the habit of working out every day so on my busy days I can find a few five minute workouts and do those! I have yet to try this technique, but I definitely plan to do so tomorrow!
The last thing I am going to talk about is planning out your weeks and making sure you have everything ready ahead of time. This will cut down on time during the individual days. I have done this and it definitely works! With that being said I do not do it every week, which I plan on changing. For me this might be planning out my blog posts and having them typed and saved on my computer. By doing that I do not have to stress about my lack of time to type up a post and sometimes even come up with a topic! If I have everything typed and planned I can just copy it to the blog page and publish it in a few minutes, which will end up saving me 5 hours a week at least!
I am in no way a professional at time management, but by doing these different techniques weekly and even daily I hope to make things so much easier on myself! Using my planner has been the best technique for me, but may not be the best for you. Let me know what you do to better manage your time in the comments below!
Hey everyone! For today’s post I thought I would take a couple minutes to share with you 24 facts about me.
- I am a college student, and am majoring in Speech and Hearing Sciences.
- I work as a nanny to 3 girls
- I am the oldest of three. I have two younger brothers!
- I love to watch television shows and movies. I have so many shows that I love to watch weekly and often binge Netflix shows.
- I have a ton of mugs and water bottles that I hardly ever use. However, I continue to buy more!
- I love ABBA! I have a station on my Pandora account dedicated to ABBA and know basically every song.
- I teach primary at my church and have done so on and off for 7 years. I started at 18 and stopped at 22 then picked up again this year!
- I really enjoy doing crafts! Pinterest is my kryptonite.
- I love superhero movies and shows. Captain America is my favorite!
- I love sports! My favorites are; baseball, football, rugby, and NASCAR.
- Whenever I go to Target or the bookstore I always buy stationary and notebooks.
- I go to the chiropractor weekly to bi-weekly and have seen an incredible difference.
- I drink coca cola or cherry Pepsi once a day
- My prized possession is a stuffed seal I got from my parents as a baby.
- I love Toms! I have at least 10 pairs.
- I have 2 dogs that I love. One is a pocket Pitbull named Chloe and the other is a Great Pyrenees mix named Harvey.
- My favorite holiday is the Fourth of July. I have no idea why it is my favorite though.
- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- I got engaged at 21 years old. Things did not last with him though.
- I love rodeos. I have gone to at least 1 every year for the past 3 with my best friend.
- I am not a huge fan of sweets. However, when I do eat any it is sweet tarts (not the yellow ones) or chocolate cherries.
- I love reading! I will not read Jane Austen though. When I read Pride and Prejudice for high school I screamed “I want my life back.”
- I love shopping! My favorite places are target, kohl’s, amazon, and etsy.
- My favorite music genre is country music! Josh Turner and Dierks Bentley are my absolute favorites.
I hope you all enjoyed this post! I would love to know more about you guys! Leave a fact about yourself in the comments below!
Hey everyone! Today was a super crazy day at work, and it was definitely hard to keep with my goal to eat healthier and exercise daily. Even though today was crazy, I was able to maintain balance in my day.
Today at work “B”, “D”, and Baby P were super energetic and crazy. I cleaned up an insane amount of milk off the floor and was spit up on a few times! While at work instead of eating healthy I ended up eating 2 pop tarts with butter on them. Once I got home things did not really improve in the sense with my eating habits. I ate Chick-fil-a French fries and drank a coke. After all that I did not want to do my daily workout, but I forced myself to do it. I am super glad I did too! After I got the workout done I was able to relax and watch my favorite show.
Even though I did not eat as healthy as I would have liked, I did work out. It really is all about balance. I really wanted to just lie around and eat junk food, and even though I did do that I also did my daily workout video and was able to make up for some of the calories I ate! How do you balance things when you are feeling like doing nothing? Let me know in the comments below!